Google's release of Chromecast has prompted many to revisit theories on the reinvention of the second screen experience. Has the mountain of expectation and inertia crushed the future of the second screen? Or, does the second screen experience see a light at the end of the tunnel?

The definitive answer: Well, kinda...

I received my Chromecast as I was heading out on a business trip, giving me the opportunity to test it in different locations and setups.

First impressions:

Size: The device itself is about the size of a moderate USB dongle. Itís mobile, small enough to fit into your pocket, and tiny, especially compared with Apple TV. While one of the blemishes is the power cord, it can connect to the USB port as a power source, a more subtle approach than requiring the standard wall outlet.
Cost: $35 (before tax and shipping). Itís cheap enough to purchase a literal handful compared to Apple TV and Roku.
Set up: Under the hood, Chromecast uses DIAL for device-to-device pairing and communication. Setup is fairly straightforward, but it does require download of a desktop or smartphone app for configuration.
More at Wired...

--jeremy