Chrome OS is missing or damaged", Hardware issue maybe

Chrome OS Version: Unsure, cannot access OS.

Chromebook Model: HP Chromebook 14

Issue description:

My sister has had this Chromebook for a little over a year and up until now has had no problems. A few days ago, it rebooted itself and said it needed to perform a recovery (I don't remember exactly what it said since this was a few days ago), this took about 15 minutes and when it was finished it restarted and everything was wiped from the device, it was back to it's factory settings. Then about 10 minutes later it rebooted again saying "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card." I made a recovery disk and went through the steps of restoring it from the flash drive I had just made. I was able to boot into the OS for about 30 minutes before it once again rebooted and is telling me the same message again, "Chrome OS is missing or damaged. Please insert a recovery USB stick or SD card."

At this point since the problem has persisted across multiple recovery attempts I'm guessing it is a hardware issue, probably the SSD but I'm not 100% sure. I was hoping someone here who may know a little more could help me out.

Thanks

Since you made the recovery disk AFTER the problem started, isn't it possible that the recovery disk has the same corruption? In which case you're recovering the same damaged goods over and over?

I had a problem with my chromebook and called the help line and they walked through a clean install. J don't know if that will work for you but I've called them several times and they've
    always been very helpful and knowledgeable.

- - - Updated - - -

I had a problem with my chromebook and called the help line and they walked through a clean install. J don't know if that will work for you but I've called them several times and they've
    always been very helpful and knowledgeable.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the double post but for some reason I couldn't edit

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the double post but for some reason I couldn't edit