See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    hello I'm oldjc also a newbie

I get the impression this forum is brand new. I just tried the "Zero Reply Threads" link and I get "connection to sql02-be:9313 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)"

root

Original Poster

Device(s)
    Samsung Chromebook
    Thanks for the heads up. This has been fixed.

--jeremy

SYLVANIA SMART BOOK WOW :^O This is "THE FOREST FOR THE TREES" ? Where to start ? OK, I'll say there are MILLIONS of the little "SMARTBOOKS" out here that are useless ! I've played with one for a few years and wondered why a genius programmer hasn't come up with an
    OS to replace "WINDOWS CE 6" ? I just installed OPERA MOBILE 10 as a browser and it works much better the IE. Recently installed " CHROMIXUM OS" on an old Toshiba Laptop and liked it much better then "GOOGLE CLOUD". Wouldn't it be great if some one found a way to turn these little SMARTBOOKS into a tiny version of a "CLOUD BOOK ? SO--- This is my post, sorry if it's in the wrong place ??? and not sure how to tell if it as been seen or replied to ? Thanks for the time, jschery :^)

Hi All. I'm new to chrome. I bought an Asus c201 about 3 months ago to try out for my field personnel. With about 10 hours battery life, and under $200, I couldn't resist. I hated it for the first 4 hours. Once I started acting like an end user, I fell in love with it. It does pretty much 95% of what I really need to do online and when ver. 53.xx releases for the C201, it will run most Android apps! Needless to say, I kept it for myself and ordered a bunch for the office. Anyway, I've bored you enough. I've had great success with Linux support on LinuxQuestions (& AndroidQuestions) over the past several years. I figured I should follow up with ChromeOS too!

Hello

- - - Updated - - -

Hello! everybody

Device(s)
    2TT

- . .

- . , , - ?

Device(s)
    2TT

, . . Pm, .

, , . , ?

Device(s)
    2TT

. . .

Likely yes

Device(s)
    Pixelbook, Pixel phone, and a bunch of old devices
    Hello! (from an old guy - just having fun now that I am retired).

Just bought a chrome OS device a few weeks ago. Was running on a 10+ year old laptop (ubuntu 18.04). Wanted to move
    up to the latest tech before the laptop died (latest at least for a few years - slow to buy new hardware).

Having fun, learning about VMs and containers. Want to run my old U18.04 apps in the new environment. Having fun just exploring.
    (running OS 69.xx just installed via google update).

Will be looking for answers and will be glad to share my experience (many errors and stumbles).

I expect now that Google has released OS 69 with VMs and containers this forum will see a lot more traffic.
    Seems like Chromebooks are all of the rage (my grandchildren use them in their school every day).