See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

root

Device(s)
    Samsung Chromebook

Welcome to ChromeOSQuestions.org

I'd like to welcome you to ChromeOSQuestions.org - the third site in The Questions Network. If you have an account at LinuxQuestions.org or AndroidQuestions.org, you already have an account here. We're still getting setup so this site should still be considered in BETA. We're interested in any feedback you may have, from site design and forum categories to bug reports and feature requests.

--jeremy

Thanks for letting me be a little part of this organization even i'm a newbie, Hello everyone hopping the best for all of You.

Thanks for starting this site up. I am diving into making my first chrome packaged app and I am sure I will be having questions that this community will help me answer. I will also gladly help answer any questions that I can to help make the community stronger. Thanks!

I am known as AndyDP on "linuxquestions.org." I have purchased an Acer Chromebook, about three weeks ago. I am quite happy with it.
    The interesting difference is that this model has a RJ-45 input as well as the internal wireless card. The model is C710-2457.
    It handholds wirelessly really well in the New York City hospital setting I have used it.
    At home I ran in some typical home router problems: that is, I needed to add the wireless device to my Netgear home basic (ie cheap) router device access list.
    Since the network card address was not documented, it took some failures (which spelled out the wireless address, from helpful error messages) in order to document the address. So right now all is connecting in my dual environment.

Quite an impressive light laptop for about $225.
    Andy

I just received the brand new Acer C720P with a touchscreen - my first Chromebook (replacing my aged and beloved System76 Ubuntu netbook). Very nice machine (see my Amazon review for details)!

I do plan to eventually run Crouton alongside ChromeOS, but I've been pleased by the latter's functionality thus far.

Just got a Chromebook for Christmas, so far I think it's great. I'm hoping this site will give me tips and tricks into operating my new Chromebook.

Cool Hello

I am new to this but I am sure s time passes I will have something of value to add.

hello i am new, from Ecuador

Hey guys..! I'm new, from Indonesia. I have some good tips from here so thought I'd finally join in.

I have many questions/suggestions/facts as I see them for your site. Hopefully I can receive some good input?
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    I'd like to welcome you to ChromeOSQuestions.org - the third site in The Questions Network. If you have an account at LinuxQuestions.org or AndroidQuestions.org, you already have an account here. We're still getting setup so this site should still be considered in BETA. We're interested in any feedback you may have, from site design and forum categories to bug reports and feature requests.

--jeremy

root

Original Poster

Device(s)
    Samsung Chromebook
    Welcome to CQ - all feedback is certainly welcome.

--jeremy

1 members found this post helpful.

Hello All! I am getting a little forgetful the older I become. I have been involved with linux for years and look forward to 'sticking it' to Microsoft whenever possible. Thanks for letting me climb aboard.

--tom

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxys3 mini black rom. Samsung Phab3 zoooped up. Some other cool sh¡| too.
    Hey Jeremy great forum !

I had a quite day so decided to hear what the world had to say, I formatted a Samsung R 530 with dban to GPT and back I used gparted got it back up from block level then just as I was about to get bored. I thought ARCH. Very long story short I didn't have any discs, flash drives etc at my disposal so wget arch iso and it dawned on me. This is a waste of time, so then I slowly without surely commenced on my mission to get the terminated R 530 to boot überness aside. I got YET ANOTHER brilliant idea ubootin+galaxy s3 mini must somehow be able to contribute. So I wget ubootin-608-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.txt and root filed the s3 with the pkg reverse tethered it as usbhdd. Booted mr mini gave Mrs R 530 some ethernet for sustainability. Then the next thing FTP WORKED YEAH YOU HEARD ME filezilla saved the droid. Looooooooong story short I'm watching .... lol

Best
    Shaun

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited by Shaun Aylward; 07-27-2014 at 08:32 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxys3 mini black rom. Samsung Phab3 zoooped up. Some other cool sh¡| too.
    20140727_183111.jpg still watching