See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Question Chrome Browser: Linux 32 bit discontinued

re: http://linux.softpedia.com/blog/goog...s-496934.shtml

Quote: Today, December 1, 2015, Google has announced that they will no longer provide 32-bit DEB packages of the Google Chrome web browser for select GNU/Linux operating systems.

The article mentions:
    "no longer be supported on the Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin) and Debian GNU/Linux 7 (Wheezy) OSes, urging users to update to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) and Debian GNU/Linux 8 (Jessie), respectively."

Question: Is it fair to say that most all other Linux 32 bit systems using Google Chrome will not be affected by this announcement?
    To ask another way, If I'm using a Linux Mint distro- 32 bit, this change would not affect me. I could continue to use Google Chrome and still receive security updates etc.

You can continue using it. It's just not supported, meaning no updates, on obsolete versions. Mint is Ubuntu with tweaks, so it depends on what version of Mint you're using, whether Chrome will be supported on your device. If it's based on 12.04, then it will affect you. If it's a later version, it won't.

1 members found this post helpful.

No problem in using it, Only updates will not be done. Mostly in future everyone will use only 64 bit so only google wants to discontinue it.

GSEB sem 1 result 2015