Unhappy HP chromebook bios?

Hi All, I have just been given an old HP Chromebook 14. Anyone any idea how to get into the bios, from boot, not the O/S which does not exist

Hav a look on the Chromebox wiki I have changed bios and installed linux mint with Kodi following links from there chromebooks can also be made to do the same

I'm not sure what the OP is saying. If the OS is missing from a chromebook, it's easy enough to replace it. Replacing it with a different OS isn't quite as straightforward, but still possible. A properly-phrased Google search will give lots of information. People have been replacing ChromeOS with Linux as long as chromebooks have existed. I did it for awhile on my first chromebook, but eventually went back to ChromeOS with Linux in a crouton chroot, and I don't remember the exact steps because it has been so long. It's also slightly different for different models, at least getting into developer mode. There should be detailed tutorials available for the HP, it's long been a popular model.

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    I'm not sure what the OP is saying. If the OS is missing from a chromebook, it's easy enough to replace it. Replacing it with a different OS isn't quite as straightforward, but still possible. A properly-phrased Google search will give lots of information. People have been replacing ChromeOS with Linux as long as chromebooks have existed. I did it for awhile on my first chromebook, but eventually went back to ChromeOS with Linux in a crouton chroot, and I don't remember the exact steps because it has been so long. It's also slightly different for different models, at least getting into developer mode. There should be detailed tutorials available for the HP, it's long been a popular model.
    yes. you are right.