See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Post external monitor

I would appreciate it very uch if anyone could tell me if the DVI port would be able to use an LCD monitor cable that plugs into a PC ,or does it need a special DVI cable and/or the HDMI cable .is it the same size ?
    Thanking you.

Wink External monitor

Quote Originally Posted by kato40 View Post
    I would appreciate it very uch if anyone could tell me if the DVI port would be able to use an LCD monitor cable that plugs into a PC ,or does it need a special DVI cable and/or the HDMI cable .is it the same size ?
    Thanking you.
    Most external monitors will work, including a digital TV. For monitors, most will have DVI or display adapter if they don't have an HDMI port. You will need an adapter or special cable to interface with the older monitors. I have a couple such monitors with mixed results. One works period and some of the others work with some units and not others. For older monitors with only VGA, there are HDMI to VGA adapters but are generally more expensive. If you have a broken display and using an external monitor temporarily, with some you have to close the laptop display forcing you to use an external mouse and keyboard. Best to remove the damaged display carefully and then use the monitor without external input devices. But keep the display screen for the part number as many manufactures use multiple vendors for display monitors. If you don't keep it, at least keep a clear picture with all the information on the back to identify the display manufacture and screen model number to get the correct replacement.

1 members found this post helpful.

I recommend investing in a HDMI monitor. I watch movies that I I download with Firefox on Linux mint with my Chromebook on my HD TV and they and they look great!!

Original Poster
    Thanks for all the help ;shall inform about results when applied.
    kato40

thanks for such a quick reply

Mine works great with my hdmi flat-screen TV. I put movies onto thumb drives and plug everything up. The picture is gorgeous.

Thanks for help me, i search for this article.