Thread: Hello everyone!

Device(s)
    HP Chromebook 14

Hello everyone!

I'm new to Chrome, but have been a serious computer user/programmer for many, many years.

Just got a new HP Chromebook 14 and I'm VERY impressed. I actually bought it for my wife to replace a dying Dell Latitude D820, but I'm having a hard time declaring that I'm all done setting it up.

I am having a problem figuring out how to get her photos imported to Google+ Photos from a Dropbox folder. I can open and see the Dropbox folder(s), but can't drag from there. Would this be easier if I copied the photos to a USB stick first and from there onto the Chromebook?

root

Device(s)
    Samsung Chromebook
    Welcome to CQ. If you'd like to accomplish this a single time you can do it manually, although a couple sync solutions do exist. Additionally, Dropbox does work on Chrome OS so you can access the photos that way.

--jeremy

Original Poster

Device(s)
    HP Chromebook 14

Importing photos to Google Photos from Dropbox

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    Welcome to CQ. If you'd like to accomplish this a single time you can do it manually, although a couple sync solutions do exist. Additionally, Dropbox does work on Chrome OS so you can access the photos that way.

--jeremy
    Thanks for responding, Jeremy.

However, I don't know how to "do it manually". I can open Dropbox and see the files (jpeg), but when I drag one over to the open Google Photos folder, the file icon snaps back to dropbox as if the operation is disallowed. Is that not the correct way to do it?

--Paul

root

Device(s)
    Samsung Chromebook
    From a machine with full access to Dropbox, simply go to Google+ and click "Upload photos" from the Photots section.

--jeremy