root

Device(s)
    Samsung Chromebook

New BETA Feature - User Tagging, Hash Tag Support and Quote Notification

We've enabled a couple BETA features on an interim basis and we're interested in feedback on what you think of them here (and potentially across The Questions Network).

User Mentions
    These allow a user to be notified when they have been mentioned in a thread. They work very similar to the Twitter system by adding a ‘@’ symbol in front of a user’s username. As an example, @robertt202 is looking at an ACER C7 chromebook.

Hash Tags
    You can now subscribe to any number of #hashtags and be notified when one is used in a thread.

Quote Notification
    We've also added the ability for you to be notified when you're quoted in a post.

Thanks for the feedback.

--jeremy

Suite 2 7 Commercial Street Morley, Leeds West Yorkshire LS278HX
    #hashtags are really good to search anything. I found it really effective to search a particular term.

i think hashtag is good symbol like vim help's tag to search people , and arranged it . it's good

OK, maybe this may be a good idea for LQ. Not totally certain though.

root

Original Poster

Device(s)
    Samsung Chromebook
    andrewthomas,

Feel free to use the functionality here at CQ for a while and let us know what you think.

--jeremy

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    andrewthomas,

Feel free to use the functionality here at CQ for a while and let us know what you think.

--jeremy
    If I only had a Chromebook to play with I would be bit more useful, although I believe that I can help many others without ever using one.

I think it's neat, but I don't have any experience with forum features like that so far.
    I imagine it should be very useful

i think hashtag is good symbol like vim help's tag to search people , and arranged it . it's good

i can see , hashtag already implemented. right? or it still in beta?