See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Getting LastPass Sesame to Work on Chromebook

Try using 2 stage authentication Sesame with a Chromebook. It does not work since Chrome OS cannot read Sesame executables in Windows or linux format. No solution in sight from LastPass devs. I have had Sesame disabled on all my devices (tablets, smartphones, laptops, and a desktop) since early January b/c of this failure.
    My understanding is Google switched from Ubuntu to Gentoo as the base for Chrome OS and Sesame does not work under Gentoo.
    I have had a service request in with LastPass since early January 2014 with no action so far. This is very much unlike them not to be proactive on getting their products to function properly on devices that are popular in the marketplace. I am also disappointed in their failure to respond to my request. This is not typical of their usual excellent customer service.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to get this resolved on ChromeOS? I also posted this on the LastPass Forum but thought someone here might have a suggestion.

root

Device(s)
    Samsung Chromebook
    I'd anticipate LastPass getting this sorted sooner or later, but in the mean time you may have to either use a different two-factor authentication solution (Google Authenticator and Duo Security Authentication can use your phone, for example) or have a USB enabled machine capable of running Sesame handy while you're using the Chromebook. Neither are ideal solutions, admittedly.

--jeremy

1 members found this post helpful.

Original Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    I'd anticipate LastPass getting this sorted sooner or later, but in the mean time you may have to either use a different two-factor authentication solution (Google Authenticator and Duo Security Authentication can use your phone, for example) or have a USB enabled machine capable of running Sesame handy while you're using the Chromebook. Neither are ideal solutions, admittedly.

--jeremy
    Good suggestion, Jeremy. Thank you. Unfortunately I have no cell phone coverage where I live so Google Auth. is not an option. YubiKey might work though I would have to carry an OTG cable around for my Nexus 7. I guess I have too many gadgets and will have to wait for LastPass to make the change to have sesame work in Gentoo.

Not a single answer for be seen from LastPass devs. I have had Sesame incapacitated on every one of my gadgets since early January b/c of this failure.

good option. I would try

what is OTG cable? plz tell me

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post

--jeremy
    got it..