Tap to click not working

Yesterday I went through the process of installing Ubuntu on my Acer C720P Chromebook. It runs great with the unity desktop environment, but when I switch back to the native chrome OS, I lose my "tap to click" feature, and therefore my ability to "right click". I really like the Chrome OS, and only installed Ubuntu in order to access my home network drive, as well as install google play music manager so I can maintain my music files locally. Does anyone have any idea why my "tap to click" feature would've quit working? Thanks in advance for the help.

(I'm sorry if I posted this in the wrong forum. I figured since I had to put my Chromebook into developer mode in order to install Ubuntu, this forum seemed appropriate.)
    Last edited by ricky.smitts; 03-25-2014 at 01:43 PM.
    Using Tapatalk

I experienced something similar with my Acer Chromebook C710-2457. However I have made no modifications to its OS.
    I recently lost the use of both the right click and other functionality of the touch mouse pad. This lasted until I detached the connection to my home wireless LAN. Eventually the "mouse pad" came back to life. It took several reboots running in Guest mode as well.
    Perhaps your issue was not related to the 'crombuto' alteration.
    Has any of the other members of this forum experienced something similar?