root

Device(s)
    Samsung Chromebook

How To Enter Chrome OS Developer Mode

For a variety of reasons (including the fact that Chrome OS is based on Linux), you may want to get your Chrome OS device into Developer Mode. Note that entering Developer Mode will DELETE ALL LOCAL DATA.

For newer devices such as Chromebook Pixel, Acer C7 Chromebook, Samsung Chromebook and Lenovo X131e Chromebook the process is done via software:

1. Press ESC + Chromebook Refresh key + POWER. The screen displays a yellow exclamation point (!).
    2. Press CTRL + D to begin dev mode, then ENTER. The screen displays a red exclamation point.
    3. Press CTRL + D, then ENTER. The Chromebook deletes its local data, returning to its initial state. The deletion takes approximately 15 minutes.
    4. When the transaction completes, press the spacebar, then press ENTER to return to verified mode.
    For most older devices, including Cr-48, Samsung Series 3 Chromebox, Samsung Series 5 550 Chromebook and Samsung Series 5 Chromebook there is a hardware switch involved in getting into Developer Mode. See http://support.google.com/chrome/a/b...answer=1360642 for more information.

--jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
    I just posted this same question on this forum, but since you've had experience with this already, I thought I'd share it directly with you.

I recently enabled developer mode on my Chromebook 14. I successfully downloaded Crouton, and then Ubuntu. I was able to switch back and forth between Chrome OS and Ubuntu just fine. However, after logging out of Ubuntu, and restarting my Chromebook 14, I wasn't able to log back into Ubuntu. I just get the black Linux screen that shows ¨Developer Console¨ at the top. It required a ¨localhost login.¨ I tried typing in ¨root,¨ but now it asks for the ¨localhost #~.¨

1.Is this familiar to anyone? If so, what can I do to get me back to the main Ubuntu desktop? It was originally the ¨unity¨ desktop, by the way.

2. Usage in Ubuntu: I recall having a hard time running a program (Firefox, for example) once it was in the download folder. I downloaded it as the browser, and into my downloads folder, but couldn't find out how to run it after it was downloaded, for the life of me.

3. Downloading and Running programs in Ubuntu: I do plan to begin web development, and I plan to download: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Git, Heroku, to name a few. Do you have a recommended link that will help me learn how to not only download programs, but run them once they're downloaded?

How to Chrome OS developer mode in Lenovo s660 phone
    http://www.thinkittraining.in/android

Hi Jeremy,
    I just posted this same question on this forum, but since you've had experience with this already, I thought I'd share it directly with you.

I recently enabled developer mode on my Chromebook 14. I successfully downloaded Crouton, and then Ubuntu. I was able to switch back and forth between Chrome OS and Ubuntu just fine. However, after logging out of Ubuntu, and restarting my Chromebook 14, I wasn't able to log back into Ubuntu. I just get the black Linux screen that shows ¨Developer Console¨ at the top. It required a ¨localhost login.¨ I tried typing in ¨root,¨ but now it asks for the ¨localhost #~.¨

1.Is this familiar to anyone? If so, what can I do to get me back to the main Ubuntu desktop? It was originally the ¨unity¨ desktop, by the way.

2. Usage in Ubuntu: I recall having a hard time running a program (Firefox, for example) once it was in the download folder. I downloaded it as the browser, and into my downloads folder, but couldn't find out how to run it after it was downloaded, for the life of me.

3. Downloading and Running programs in Ubuntu: I do plan to begin web development, and I plan to download: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Git, Heroku, to name a few. Do you have a recommended link that will help me learn how to not only download programs, but run them once they're downloaded?
    free movies,
    phim hay online,
    tra cuu kqxs nhanh nhat
    truc tiep xsmn va xsmb,
    nhung phim moi,phim 18,
    hau due cua mat troi, dao hai tac
    phim ma,
    kq xo so,
    truyen tranh,
    dich vu seo
    cty thiet ke web chuyen nghiep,
    truc tiep bong da online,