Unhappy chrome installed but not running

ORIGINALLY POSTED TO LINUXQUESTIONS.ORG

LM 15 olivia and Firefox 25.0.1 ver 1 for mint.
    One of the primary purposes for this linux box in my living room is to watch tv via the internet. Most channels use their own video player. None of them are playing the video or audio without error. Research has lead me to try "automatix" or "ultimatix"". Both which get as many critical reviews as helpful. In any event i found a dl site and using the GDebi package installer i get a failure dependancy is not satisfiable Python 2.5.... onto my next attempt. install google chrome - stable version-. i did this via the software manager and seems to install without error. i have the icon to launch but nothing happens after clicking. What to do? Id really stick to firefox if that was a valid option and support it as well. your help is necessary. I stick mainly to the main broadcast stations like cbs.com, abc.com nbc.com, etc...

This post is for all folks who need a tip. Use Synaptic Package Manager to load Chrome. This manager is the best. It requires a little getting use to but pays off in dividends in the long run. It will load Chrome and load any dependent packages that one needs to run the program. Do a little Googling on Snaptic Package Manager and it use. Loading Chrome should not be a problem.
    Good Luck all,
    Bob

i have same problem here

UniHost2u.com .. Shared Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Cheap Dedicated Server
    █ Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration.

Sometimes this happens. Try to reinstall it

Try first to de-install both packages of google-chrome and of chromium with

sudo apt-get remove google-chrome-stable chromium
    then try to reinstall only one package after the other not both at once with ubuntu package-manager - first install chromium -

then after this install google-chrome-stable by download from google

then when pop-up window appears with question to save the file or to execute with a program - simply choose to execute it with package-manager.

64/32 bit machines and Chrome Browser in Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by csgoexpert View Post
    Try first to de-install both packages of google-chrome and of chromium with

sudo apt-get remove google-chrome-stable chromium
    then try to reinstall only one package after the other not both at once with ubuntu package-manager - first install chromium -

then after this install google-chrome-stable by download from google

then when pop-up window appears with question to save the file or to execute with a program - simply choose to execute it with package-manager.
    Update: Chrome Browser users must have 64 bit machines. If you have a 32 bit, Chrome does not now support the Chrome Browser. This is a recent change for Chrome. I have a 32 bit machine and am now using Slimjet which is almost (built on the chrome platform i believe) identical to Chrome.

I use installed this chrome but not run for PC.

I use this chrome on pc good working. I am regular user this chrome.